Letter to the National Unity Government: In a letter we organized, Burmese leaders of North…
Download the PDF link by pressing the button at the bottom of the page.
• A boat carrying Rohingya camp residents capsized, killing 22 passengers.
• Using the name Rohingya, a practice adopted by President Obama thanks to Burma Task Force and your efforts, the US embassy in Burma released a statement expressing condolences for their deaths.
• Extremist Buddhist monks and their supporters protested outside the US embassy, demanding they stop using the name “Rohingya” to describe the persecuted minority.
• Aung San Suu Kyi, head of the Foreign Ministry, sides with the racist monks, issues advisory to foreign embassies to not use “Rohingya.”
One Minute Action:
• If you have one minute contact the State Department.
• Take just 10 minutes to contact the White House, State Department, the US Ambassador and the Burmese ambassador to the USA.
• Thank US State Dept and President Obama for using the name “Rohingya” and ask them to protest Burmese government on violating UN charter by denying the right of self-identification
• The Rohingya are indigenous peoples, living in their ancestral lands.
• The Rohingya were always citizens and have always voted until they were stripped of it by the military dictatorship.
• Extremist Buddhists are using Islamophobia to incite against the Rohingya Muslims.
• President Barack Obama White House, Phone number for comments: 202-456-1111, Switchboard: 202-456-1414, Twitter: @ BarackObama, @whitehouse, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/
• Secretary John Kerry Department of the Secretary of State, Phone number: 202-647-9572, Twitter: @JohnKerry, @StateDept, Contact
• Scot Marciel US Ambassador to Burma, Phone number: (95)-(9)-512-4330, Twitter: @USEmbassyBurma, Facebook: https://www. facebook.com/usembassy.rangoon
• U Kyaw Myo Htut Burmese Ambassador to the USA, Phone number(s): (202) 332-3344, (202) 332-4350, Open from 4:00 AM – 10:00 PM every day
Do a Bit More to Stop this Genocide:
• Post it on your Facebook.
• Sign up on the website to receive this alert electronically: www.BurmaMuslims.org • Hashtag: #Rohingya #Genocide #Myanmar Hashtag: #Rohingya #Genocide #Myanmar & Please Donate Today!