Letter to the National Unity Government: In a letter we organized, Burmese leaders of North…
One of the outcomes of the wave of genocidal violence that the Rohingya have endured for decades, and ever more intensely since 2012 has been heightened levels of food insecurity and malnutrition for hundreds of thousands who depend on food aid from international agencies. For the past two weeks however that food aid has been blocked by the Burmese military as it conducts operations against supposed “terrorists” responsible for attacking police outposts near the border with Bangladesh.
The blocking of food aid has increased the likelihood of starvation for thousands of Rohingya. We are calling on the US government to ask Suu Kyi and the military to open up roads for humanitarian aid to the affected Rohingya. There is no reason why the Rohingya should starve.Contact
President Barack Obama
White House Phone number for comments: 202-456-1111, Switchboard: 202-456-1414
National League for Democracy (central) office
No. (97 / B), West Shwegondine Road, Bahan Township, Yangon.
Central Online Media Team
Hotline 09 261773380
Viber Message 09 261773381
- Restore full access to food aid for the 80,000 Rohingya who have been denied it by Burma for two weeks now.
- The government must stop using recent attacks on police as a pretext to continue and enhance its persecution of the Rohingya through arbitrary arrests, curfews, and executions.
- The Rohingya are an indigenous people living in their ancestral lands.
- The Rohingya are one of the most persecuted people on the planet and as stateless people should have their citizenship rights fully recognized and restored.
2. Join Our Twitter Storm: Thursday, October 27, 2016: 11AM-1PM Central Time. We have crafted targeted tweets which you can access here [pastebin link] that you can retweet & use to craft your own Tweets.